Weaning & First Aid Workshop
Practical, evidence based information
This is an interactive 2 hour workshop covering the "what, when and how" of introducing solids to your baby. You will also learn how to perform life-saving interventions to make sure you are prepared for even the scariest of situations.
Who are you?
You might be a parent who is preparing to introduce solid foods to your baby’s diet, or you might have started recently. You might feel a little bit overwhelmed by all the information out there and need a bit of clarity. This workshop has been designed to give you confidence to start weaning so you can enjoy the process as much as possible (we can’t help you with the cleaning up though!).
Who are we?
We are Happy Hearts First Aid Training, and we are all about empowering people through our friendly and relaxed sessions. We are mums, so we understand what you are going through. We are health professionals, with over 20 years of experience between us (a Registered Nurse and a Registered Dietitian specialising in Paediatrics). We know how to provide engaging content that won’t make you fall asleep.
What will we cover:
- When, how and why to introduce solid foods
- What foods to avoid, and discussion around allergies
- Baby Lead Weaning: what is it and what you need to know
- How to ensure your baby is getting all the nutrients they need for healthy growth
- How to identify and assist the choking baby/ child
- How to perform CPR to a baby/ child
- How to identify an allergic reaction