6 safety reminders for bath time
Whether you have a new baby, or a splashing toddler, here are some helpful tips to keep bath time safe.
1. No distractions! This means no phone, no scrolling, no reading book, etc.
Constant adult supervision is the golden rule for the prevention of drowning. Keep your eyes on your child.
2. Fill the bath with only enough for washing and play. Belly button height is perfect for a child that can sit independently.
3. The bath is really slippery. To combat this, invest in a bath mat!
4. Let's talk bath plugs.... keep them out of reach from inquisitive toddlers, and ALWAYS pull them out immediately after you have finished in the bath.
5. Get organised! Make sure you get everything ready beforehand so that you don't have to leave the bathroom. Think PJs, bath wash, towel, nappy, anything else you need. Again, keep your eyes on your child.
6. Remember to keep the bath temperature between 37- 38 degrees. Pssst- ever wondered why we use our elbow to test the water temperature? It is because it is more sensitive to heat than the hand!
Hopefully these little reminders have been helpful.